How To Do Your Hair When You Are In a Rush
How many times have you hit the snooze alarm, only to find yourself in a frantic rush to get out the door without looking like a hot mess? Or what about running late because your hair wouldn’t cooperate? We’ve all been there!
It’s always a good idea to have a few simple hairstyles to turn to on those panic inducing mornings when you know you’ve got to look great, but you’re short on time. You don’t have to spend hours doing your hair in order to look pulled together. Here are a handful of easy to execute hairstyles that will only take a few minutes when you’re in a hurry.
Summertime is the perfect season to rock the laid-back loveliness of braids. In this updated version, your hair will look soft, feminine, and free spirited. It’s perfect for a day at the beach, but can transition easily into a casual night on the town.
Here’s how to get the look:
- From the top of your head to the tops of your ears, divide your hair into two even sections, which will be individually braided
- Clip one section up and out of the way
- Braid the other section, working from the front of your head, guiding the braid towards the back of your head, and secure the end with a small, clear elastic band
- Repeat the process on the other side
- Now that you have two even braids, twist them together into a bun or knot at the back of your head and hold them in place with hairpins
This leaves the under-layer of your hair down, which is softer and more casual than pulling all of your hair up. The result is a fabulous summer hairdo that won’t make you late.
The Sleek and Modern Pony
The days of ponytails being reserved strictly for working out and days spent lounging around at home in your pajamas are over! The new pony is nearly as effortless, but a few simple changes of taken it from slovenly to sleek.
Here’s how to get the look:
- Spritz hair generously with a heat styling spray, paying special attention to your hairline
- Brush your hair backwards while blow drying to ensure that your hairline is as smooth and sleek as possible
- When you’ve blown your hair completely dry, use a soft bristle brush to smooth it back into a pony
- You can prevent an unwanted bump from forming by leaning your head backwards while you brush and secure your hair with an elastic
- At the bottom of the pony, on one side only, tease out a 1-inch section and spray it with hairspray to add a boost of texture and to give your hair grip
- Take a strand of hair from the section that isn’t teased and bring it up and around the base of the pony to cover up the elastic
- Underneath the base of the pony, secure this hair with two crisscrossed hairpins
- If you want to soften the look, leave a few strands of your hair loose in the front
The Timeless French Tuck
The timeless sophistication of a French Tuck makes you look poised and pulled together, but believe it or not, this style can be created in no time flat!Here’s how to get the look:
- Gather all of your hair into a loose pony
- Rather than pulling it tightly to your head, place the elastic you use to secure the pony about 3 or 4 inches down from your scalp
- Roll the pony up and tuck it entirely over, so that it hides the elastic
- This will give your hair the shape of a roll that lands at the nape of your neck and runs the width of your head from ear to ear
- Use hairpins and hairspray to ensure that your tuck stays tucked all day
The Super Sexy Messy Chignon
The messy chignon allows you to create a super sexy style with minimal effort. The best part? This style works best with unwashed hair, so if you don’t have time to shower, this is your go-to! Get the look in about five minutes:Here’s how to get the look:
- Pull your hair into a pony that is just a little bit off-center
- Separate the pony into two or three sections
- Tease each section with a comb
- Wrap each section in the opposite direction as the last to create a messy bun
- Secure with hairpins as you work
- Pull out a few pieces of hair to create a wispy frame for your face
Look Like a Mermaid with a Fishtail BraidThe super-fast fishtail looks like a lot of work, but isn’t. Here’s how to get the look:
- Part your hair at the center or side of your head
- Divide into two even sections
- Pull a strand from the left side of your head over the left section of hair and under the right section
- Repeat the process, beginning with a strand from the right side of your hair
- Continue alternating this pattern until you’ve reached the bottom of the braid
- Secure the braid with a clear elastic
With several new styles in your repertoire, busy mornings just got a lot easier!